1. Take a walk every day.
2. If you sit much of the day, stand up from your desk every 30 minutes and do 5 minutes of movement.
3. Stretch for 5 minutes first thing in the morning or after your shower.
Healthy Eating Habits
1. Drink 8 glasses of water first thing in the morning.
2. Keep a full water bottle on your desk and drink water throughout the day.
3. Substitute one unhealthy food choice for a healthy food (ie: instead of snacking on chips, eat carrots with hummus).
1. Practice awareness of your negative thoughts during the day.
2. Once you are aware of your negative thought patterns, practice interrupting the thoughts and thinking or doing something positive.
3. Take 5 minutes a day to contemplate everything you are grateful for.
1. Begin a practice of morning or evening meditation, prayer, or contemplation, starting with just five minutes a day.
2. At defined times during your work day (mid-morning, after lunch, late afternoon), take five minutes to close your eyes and practice diaphragmatic breathing.
3. Practice noticing and identifying your emotions when you feel them without judging them.
Love Relationship Habits
1. Begin every morning by offering your spouse/partner a hug and saying, “I love you.”
2. Mindfully catch yourself saying something disparaging or negative to your spouse and change your words.
3. Every day, brainstorm some kind act or gift you can offer your loved one unconditionally.
Personal Growth Habits
1. Define your core values and every day plan your activities and make decisions using these values as a guide.
2. Take 30 minutes to an hour every day working toward finding your life passion.
3. Every morning read something inspiring, informative, or uplifting to support your self-awareness and inner development.
1. Take an hour a day to simplify everything in your house. Clear out clutter, give away what you no longer use or need, organize rooms and closets.
2. Write down three main goals for the day and begin with the most difficult or challenging first.
3. When you begin working on a project or task, set a timer for 30 minutes or an hour, and work non-stop until the timer goes off.
1. Decide the position or job you want and what it takes to get there. Take one action a day toward making it happen.
2. Arrive at work 30 minutes to an hour early every day.
3. Practice dressing like the person in the position above you.
1. Take up learning a new language and spend time every day working through a language program.
2. Cook a new recipe for dinner every night.
3. Challenge yourself to become more proficient and comfortable with computer technology and learn a new skill daily.
1. Practice speaking to someone new every day.
2. Write a list of all of your positive qualities, skills, and talents and read it in the morning and evening before bed.
3. Every day, consciously practice confident body language by smiling, looking others in the eye, and standing up straight.
1. Be mindful to stay in regular contact with your friends and to see them frequently.
2. Get in the habit of initiating fun outings and interactions, even if you are the one doing this most of the time.
3. Practice open and honest communication with your friends and share both your good and bad life events.
1 Enforce or create the habit of getting enough sleep. Start going to bed 15 minutes earlier a night and add to that time over the next few weeks until you are getting the optimal amount of sleep.
2. Take up the habit of flossing your teeth every morning or evening. Floss immediately after brushing, or put the floss in the shower and don’t leave the shower until you floss.
5. Wash your hands every time you use the restroom, handle raw meats, pet a strange animal, or cough/sneeze.